Sunday, August 21, 2011

Celebrations and Lindt Double Lait

I have someone new to introduce you to. Well, actually not new. I've written about my friend Kristina-from-Florida-now-from-New Hampshire before. (You might remember; she's the one who works at Lindt and is in charge of making sure the bunny car doesn't hop off.) In any case, she got married last weekend so she has a new name! She's now Mrs. Chocoletti. Well, not in real life, but her new name is pretty darn close and that's how she'll be referred to here from now on.

 Mrs. Chocoletti is in ecstasy over the thought of getting out of this dress and finally eating some chocolate after a six-month hiatus.
As you might guess, she had Lindt chocolate as the favors for her wedding. All the guests got to chow down on dark raspberry truffles while she ran around and said hellos and did dances and made toasts. A couple of nights before, however, the girls went out to celebrate her last few days of being able to own cheques with Hello Kitty on them pre-marriage bliss and she gave me the most enormous bag of truffles you'd ever want to see. There is no picture because I forgot to take one and the truffles have since been divided up, hidden and otherwise stowed away. But there must have been ten pounds of truffles in that bag. In amongst the mint, milk chocolate and white truffles were these:

Double Lait. Allow me to describe: a milk chocolate shell with a smooth, tangy white filling, almost like a yogurt. In there are some little crunchy bits. Creamy, crunchy, tangy. I love these. LOVE these. Quite surprising, because I would've never picked them out on my own, but I couldn't stop eating them. I think I've finally had my fill though. Now about those other nine pounds of candy ... that's another story.


6 comments:

Rodzilla said...

I'll have to keep my eye out for these. I love the ritter sport yogurt bars - if the filling is anything similar, it sounds like a winner.

Carol said...

Well, i for one think maybe you should do three 3 pound chocolate giveaways, and then not allow anyone but me to comment so I can win at least one!!!!!

Whatcha think?????

Glad you had fun at the wedding, and truly I think you are right on track with the no more Hello Kitty cheques..... LOL

Candy Yum Yum said...

@Rodzilla, I think I have to change my review. My taste buds have been "off" this past week... I just re-tried one of them, and it definitely isn't that yogurt tangy flavor. It's very sweet, like milk. (Imagine that!)Still very yummy though.

Candy Yum Yum said...

@Carol, if these things weren't so delicate I totally would! But they melt at the drop of a hat. I'll just have to hand-deliver some to you!

carol said...

@ Patti, Come down to Virginia....then you can escape Irene....you are going to get hit harder than us....and you don't have to bring the chocolates..... ;-)

hevesl said...

That's cool! I've been wondering what these tasted like...
Maybe I'll have one later.