Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Non-Chocolate Candy I DON'T like:
1) Milk duds, Sugar Babies, Sugar Daddies, bullseyes or any other caramel incarnations of the sort. I'm not a big caramel fan.
2) Chuckles, gum drops (spice or regular), orange slices, Dots, etc. The exception is spearmint leaves and anything licorice-flavored.
3) Bit o' Honeys. Not good enough to waste calories on.
4) Candy buttons. This is a classic kid candy, but think about it. You end up ingesting more paper than candy. Gross.
5) Circus Peanuts. My mother is the only person in the whole world who likes these orange-colored marshmallowy things. I bet secretly deep down she doesn't even like them. She probably buys them because she feels sorry for them. That's the way I feel, too. I hate them, but still have a fond affection for them. Kind of like the lamp in the IKEA commercial. The Circus Peanuts are not real. They don't have feelings.
6) Necco wafers. The only purpose these tasteless, Martha Stewart-color-palate discs have is for use in practicing for First Communion. (A bit of trivia: what's the only Necco wafer color/flavor that's sold on its own? Brown--chocolate. Blech)

No comments: