Monday, July 14, 2003

Well, I thought no one was reading this, so I took a break. But due to overwhelming demand, I'm back. And I have news to report. There's a new website-- www.candy.staggingground.com-- and it's all about candy. There's a book out called "Candy & Me" and it's a memoir about a girl's experience with candy. GODDAMMIT!!! I should've written that. Ugh. While it really pisses me off, I must recommend the website. It's addictive. It lists all different kinds of candy and people's experiences. Funny thing about Circus Peanuts--they really cause a stir. A lot of people hate them, but have guilt complexes tied to them because their grandparents or parents liked them. Ha! Something to think about there. "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I threw out an unopened bag of Circus Peanuts."
In other news, I've just about reached my breaking point with this freelancing thing. I spend HOURS writing detailed, impeccible queries, only to either get a form rejection letter (if I'm lucky) or hear nothing at all. I've had it. So I'm going to be concentrating on my book now. It's a total mishmash and changes everyday, but a sucky book is better than no book, right? So all you stupid editors out there who have ignored my queries--ppphhhlleeeppptttthhhh!!!!!!!! Soon I will be famous and you'll be begging to interview me and I won't return your calls. Hahahaha!

No comments: