Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Oh, the chocolate gods have been good to me. As I was walking through the Stamford mall yesterday (and don't even get me started on how creepy and '80s malls have become), I sauntered into a candy store. I walked to the back and there, lo and behold, were all sorts of British delights! I bought two candy bars. The one I tried so far is called "Tiffin" and it is absolutely the most delicious perfect candy bar. It's made by Cadbury and is milk chocolate with raisins and biscuit pieces. (I know, I know...the whole raisin thing. But they really do taste good with chocolate! THink of them as little wine fruits.)
Yum, yum, yum.
And while I'm on the topic, beware the Godiva store in the mall. There's this freaky kid that works there that will not leave you alone. I'd encountered him before. He comes up to you and says, "Welcome to Godiva. May I help you?" like a freaky automaton. You say no, just looking, then he says, is there anything I can help you look for? You say no. He goes, WOuld you like to try today's sample? And you really do, but now you're so freaked out by this kid that you grab your bags and run.

No comments: