Thursday, June 24, 2004

A candy named Patricia

Shhh. Don't tell. I have a new boyfriend. His name is Fritz Knipschildt and he's a chocolatier. I met him tonight at his factory for a story I'm doing for the Post. This man is only 30 years old and his chocolate was voted #2 in the world--the freakin' WORLD-- by Gourmet magazine. It's a tiny little place and all the chocolate is hand-made. Each piece is named after a woman (including, I might add, Patricia, which is red chili and tangerine ganache). He gave me a box of assorted chocolates, a bottle of Passion Fruit & Ginger syrup and a dark chocolate hazelnut bar. Bless his warm, chocolatey heart.
I am so psyched for the Fancy Food Show this weekend. I think it's going to be even better than the Candy Expo, if that's possible.

No comments: