Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Here's another fun taste-testing trick to try with your friends. Put a drop or two of amaretto or almond flavoring in a glass. Have your friends give it a whiff and ask them what the scent is. Some people will say almond, but others will say cherry. It's an olfactory illusion! I think of this because we just got back from New Hampshire and one of my favorite things to do on vacation is to search out fun and interesting candy. Unfortunately, this trip was a bust. We stopped at the Bavarian Chocolate Haus (yes, that's really the name) and I bought their specialty-- a lump of nuts, coconut and other stuff drenched in dark chocolate. Unfortunately it had an overwhelming amaretto/cherry taste that completely ruined it for me. So I didn't find any great chocolate treasures in the White Mountains, but I tried.

No comments: