Tuesday, November 21, 2006

All candy, all the time

Just a reminder, there are lots of great candy-inspired blogs out there. I started writing for Sugar Savvy this week. Hey, a girl can't possibly have too much to say about candy, can she?! And over at Candy Blog, Cybele talked about missing Bar Nones. Oh yes, can I relate. Those choco-choco-chocolatey candy bars with crispy wafers and nuts. I think the last one I had was in 1988 when I was working at CVS. I somehow got drafted into unloading the truck with the two night managers at 3 a.m. By 9 a.m. I was wiped out and needed a quick fix. I wolfed down a Bar None and I remember it felt like a hole was burning in my stomach. I hadn't eaten anything else and it was just a little too much chocolate at one time. I never touched one again, but had I known that they were going to be discontinued, I might've thought twice.

No comments: