Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Utterly Shameless.

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but last week, the House of Yum entered Emergency Mode. There was no chocolate in the house. Well, okay, there were some mockolate Easter bunnies shoved in the back of the closet, but that was it. There wasn't a single chocolate chip, Fun-Size bar, nothing. How, dear Yumsters, did I let the situation get so dire?
I will tell you how.
I have one of those stupid "milestone" birthdays coming up in less than three months. That's right. I have approximately 70 days to lose the Freshman 15, the post-wedding 10 and, of course, the baby weight. Writing a blog about candy doesn't make this situation very easy.
So you'll have to cut me some slack over the next couple of months. But here's the thing: I plan on having one huge-ass, fantastic candy buffet to celebrate my (insert year here) birthday. We're talking Atomic fireballs to Zotz, the whole shebang.
Now this is where I'm going to go all Star Jones on you now. Remember when she got almost her entire wedding for free by having sponsors? I figure, why not offer up the same deal?
Hey Hershey's, Nestle, Godiva, Dove! Calling Haribo, Heide, Mars and Cadbury! Want your product to be highlighted at the coolest event of the year? How about your company name in lights (or chocolate, or gummies) at the buffet table? Or be a part of the swag bag of the century! This honor can be yours! Have your people call my people. We'll talk.
In the meantime, I'm off to Zumba class. It's going to be a long two months.

No comments: