Sunday, January 23, 2011

Valentine's Day is on its way!


This morning the Sugar Baby decided to play "grocery store" and he unloaded everything from my pantry onto the bookshelves in my living room. Stacked in the front window are boxes of Rice Krispies, Apple Jacks and taco shells. There's condensed milk and applesauce in front of the home repair books, and frosting, red beans and Sleepytime Tea in the fiction section. The only candy present is a bag of leftover Halloween candy, mostly lollipops and Smarties. The stash of Christmas goodies has diminished to the point that I'm ready to take on the next holiday: Valentine's Day. Yes indeed, it's right around the corner. Are you ready? Have you thought about what you're going to give your sweetie?
This year, Lindt has come out with some Valentine's-themed packaging. It used to be that you could only get a few basic brands of chocolate in heart-shaped boxes at regular old supermarkets and drug stores. Thankfully that's all changed now because, really, who doesn't love a heart-shaped box?

1 comment:

Jen @My Morning Chocolate said...

I do love a big heart-shaped box of candy. As a kid, I poked holes in the bottom of each piece until I found vanilla buttercream.

I'm trying to make candy this year. I'm in the middle of a nougat-making experiment, but it seems to be going well!