Monday, October 30, 2006

Holy candy!

This is great. I was just reading the bulletin from my parents' church and here's what Father John had to say about Halloween:

Help me with something: Every year some friends of mine and I gather at the rectory to celebrate the holiday and hand out some candy. The first year I was here, there were only four trick-or-treaters and I was so disappointed! Almost every year, the count has gone up, but we've never made it into triple digits. (One year was achingly close at ninety-nine!)
So let's break 100 this year. I've done my part: we're talking Snickers, Hershey's, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Nestle Crunch, Butterfingers, just to drop a few names-- and all in regular size bars. Because I am a man of hope, I have 167 of them waiting in the pantry.
I dare you: on Halloween, make me run out to the gas station for more!

Yeehah! We'll be there Father John!

No comments: