Thursday, April 05, 2007

Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on its way


I haven't been eating too much Easter candy because frankly, I haven't wanted to buy big bags of stuff. I'd love to have a few malted milk eggs, some jelly beans and maybe a Peep or two, just to be festive. But I don't want mounds of Easter goodies sitting around tempting me. So alas, it's been a spare year. I haven't even made Henri an Easter basket. He can't eat it, of course, so I figure I might as well give myself a break before holiday madness sets in next year.
Betsy bought me a little Easter surprise, though, that I've been loving. She went to Chelsea last weekend to go gallery hopping, only to find that the galleries are closed on Sundays. Instead she spent her day going to the funky shops. Oh, how I miss those days! Anyhow, she found a shop called Three Tarts and bought me this cute little Easter box full of chocolatey almonds. Talk about addictive. The almonds are toasted so they have that nice warm nutty flavor. They are so delish.
She also brought me back one of their little pamphlets and apparently they make all sorts of little sweet yummies. Some things that look especially good to me: Peanut Butter Cookies sprinkled with Sea Salt; Cassata Parfait: chocolate-studded ricotta cream, fresh orange and crunchy biscotti garnished with chopped pistachios (oh YUM!); Lemon Coconut Yumballs: vanilla and lemon cake held together with cream of coconut and rum, rolled in white chocolate and shredded coconut; and marshmallows in the following flavors: chocolate, vanilla bean, rosemary, yuzu, raspberry and seasonal.
This sounds like a funky place. Someday I'll get back to the city...

No comments: