Wednesday, January 27, 2010

And Speaking of Mint and Dark Chocolate...

When I named Q.bel as the best candy of 2009, I had no idea that they were releasing two new flavors this month. I was psyched when I found out that one of the flavors was mint. When a box of samples arrived, I put on a Curious George video to distract the Sugar Baby and I tore into the mint.
Like all the other Q.bel products, these are all natural with no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, no high fructose corn syrup and no hydrogenated oils.
The mint wafer bars are covered in dark chocolate, and as far as I can tell, the mint flavor is infused into the chocolate, not the cream as I would have guessed. The wafers have a sort of slight coffee-ish taste to them. I liked these, but I didn't love them. I would've liked more of a mint zing. But I had some friends try the mint bars and they all gave them a big YUM. The other new flavor is 70% Cacao Double Dark wafer bars. Mr. Goodbar went straight for these. The bars are vegan and have a rich, cocoa aroma. Instead of a white cream filling, these are filled with chocolate. Now these, I totally dig. Who knew something vegan could taste so good? Mr. Goodbar said he wanted the whole box to bring to work with him for his afternoon snack. I don't think so.

No comments: