Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mr. Candy: Good or Evil?

Some kids have imaginary friends. The Sugar Baby has Mr. Candy.
Yep, Mr. Candy has been hanging around the past two days, and I don't know if he's good or evil. I first heard mention of him when I was dropping the Sugar Baby off at school. There was a tiny random Swedish Fish on the ground and the Sugar Baby said, "Uh oh! I think Mr. Candy left that there." Hmmm.
Then today, due to the unexpected freakish snow storm we had, I stopped at the expensive grocery store rather than our normal one. For paying a little extra on everything, you get the benefit of your kid gaining full access to the basket of Dum Dums at the end of the check-out counter. The Sugar Baby picked out a Banana Split one, but was having a serious issue with an unwrapped cherry one in the basket. "You know," he said, "I think Mr. Candy did that. That's very, very bad."
I've also been told that Mr. Candy lives on Saturn (pronounced Sat-ur-in). I'll be keeping my eye out for this mysterious dude and I'll report back if I get any more information.

3 comments:

Candy Professor said...

So I'm thinking we should get together on a "candy values curriculum" for that moral upbringing our children so desperately need. You've got "Mr. Candy" on good and evil, and in my house I have just been schooled by my 6 year old on the Candy Golden Rule: "Mommy, do you like candy? Do you want me to buy you candy? Well, remember the golden rule. You should treat others the way you want to be treated."

Candy Yum Yum said...

Sounds like you have a little guru on your hands.
Yes, perhaps we should write a Candy Primer for Children.

Pam Walter said...

There are worse things an imaginary friend can be into than candy. http://blog.sweetservices.com/sweetscandyblog/