Sunday, June 06, 2010

New York: The Dessert Edition

When the cousins were here, we took a trip into New York City to freak the Ice Cube Queen out walk around and see the sights. After getting pulled over for driving the wrong way down a one-way street ("Are those cars coming towards us?!"), we went to Max Brenner's for some fortification. The problem with that place is, you go in wanting lunch-- a sandwich or a salad-- but then it all goes to hell once you see the dessert menu. We were clever about it though; we split three lunches in order to save room for these:Chocolate cake with a mini chocolate shake and vanilla ice cream; Chocolate and toffee fondue with bananas tempura and strawberries; and a chocolate pizza with bananas, peanut butter and marshmallows. And we ate every last bite. And the piece de resistance? A picture of No-Nuts in front of the Nut Box. What a wonderful day!

3 comments:

fondue said...

One glance, and my eyes instantly caught that chocolate fondue! lol! I obviously have a sweet tooth, and chocolate fondue is like my all time favorite dessert. I don't know what's with melted chocolate but I honestly feel that it soothes me. If only I can have this every night, I'd be stress-free, lol! But of course you got to keep things in moderation, so I compromise to having chocolate fondue on a weekly basis, lol!

Ice Cube Queen said...

I KNEW IT!!!! I KNEW YOU WERE TAKING ME DOWN THOSE TATOO STREETS JUST TO FREAK ME OUT!!!! THE NEXT TIME I GO BACK TO ST. PATRICK'S CATHEDRAL!!!!

Yes, it was a delicious day, though :)

Candy Yum Yum said...

Fondue, of course melted chocolate soothes you! It's the ultimate stress reliever!