Thursday, March 03, 2011

Snickers Peanut Butter Squared

The Easter Island heads contemplate a piece of Snickers Peanut Butter Squared, which they have mixed feelings about.
I don't like to feel like I'm being duped, which is kind of how I feel about the new Snickers Peanut Butter Squared. While the candy comes in a traditional bar wrapper, it's actually two square pieces. For portion control reasons, this is a good idea; you can have one now and one later. With a traditional Snickers, you can't just eat half without getting chocolate and caramel everywhere. But of course, in this format, there is less candy than if it was a single bar, which makes me feel like Snickers is pretending to be all cool with a new candy shape, but instead, they're really trying to save on costs.
In any case, the taste. Imagine a Snickers with a layer of peanut butter wedged in there. It sounds better than it is. Don't get me wrong. It's yummy enough, but the mouth-feel is awfully thick. What it comes down to is this: the regular, run-of-the-mill, plain old Snickers is quite nearly the most perfect mass-market, drugstore candy bar out there. I appreciate the attempts at different flavors and sizes, but why mess with a good thing? Keep the peanut butter for Reese's. I'll have my Snickers old-skool style.

3 comments:

Rodzilla said...

That's how I felt as well. Classic example of over expectation on my part.

Carol said...

Thanks for the info Patti. I was thinking about trying these. You just saved me .75. Love you!!!

Candy Yum Yum said...

Rodzilla, I fear that's the way coconut Twix are going to be for me. The anticipation is killing me.