Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Soda Pop Shoppe Jelly Bellys


Despite the fact that I suddenly have enough candy in the house to last me a good long time-- a weekend at least-- I decided to pick up a box of Jelly Belly Soda Pop Shoppe jelly beans. The flavors are: Orange Crush, A&W Rootbeer, Dr Pepper, 7Up, A&W Cream Soda and Grape Crush. I was particularly interested in the Dr Pepper and 7Up, since I've spent so much time taste-testing the actual soda for my job at Cadbury. Like all the other Jelly Belly flavors, these were pretty spot-on. The 7Up seemed a little bit more furniture-polish-lemon than the soda, but that may be because of the missing carbonation. The Dr Pepper tasted like the soda, only with maybe a hint more violet. The Orange Crush had that distinct orangey Life Saver flavor.
My only complaint about them is that they come in a big box, but inside there's just a little packet of beans. Wasteful packaging and misleading to the consumer. But hey, whatever.

No comments: