Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Perfect Gift for the Reese's Kid

I went onto the Hershey's website in early December and tried ordering the World's Largest Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for the Reese's kid. Suffice it to say that it was a nightmare process (all sorts of pain in the neck issues) and I had all but given up on the idea. But then I gave it one more try and successfully sent two 1-pound packages to the Reese's kid and his big brother. As you can see, he is visibly excited by the thought of 16 ounces of pure chocolatey peanut buttery goodness.
In other peanut butter and chocolate news, a friend sent me a big bag of homemade peanut butter cups for Christmas. They lasted all of about five minutes on Christmas Eve.
What kind of candy did you have at Christmas?

2 comments:

Ice Cube Queen said...

Well, Merry Belated Christmas and Happy New Year, Candy Yum Yum and household!!! Sadly, I didn't get to bake much this year, however, I did find time to make my kids' favorite Candy Cane Bark. This year I did it differently, though: I melted a dark chocolate layer, then white chocolate layer, and covered it with crushed candy canes. It looked wonderful (since I'm still trying to diet, I didn't try any :( ) I must admit, though, I did get to taste the World's Biggest Reeses! Yum! The Reeses Kid had about five bites and then had to "lock it up in his candy safe" in the refrigerator (seriously, he has a safe in there!) HA HA!

Nancy said...

I always make candy cane bark at Christmas. Then this year I discovered this "recipe" where you melt a Rolo on a pretzel and then push a pecan into the melted Rolo. So yummy, these are my new favorite.