Thursday, July 09, 2009

Mexican Madness

Lookee here at this crazy assortment of candy The Connection brought me back from Mexico. That thing up top, right, which looks like a turd on a stick is a tamarind lollipop that's supposed to be corn-shaped. I'm not exactly sure what the Duvalin is, but it's the most appetizing-looking of all of them. The bag contains hard filled tamarind with chile candies and that other thing is ... well, I don't really know. So how do they taste?
I've got to admit, I don't know. I've been trying to work up the courage to taste these delicacies, but every time I look at them, all I can think is, "swine flu." I know that's so politically incorrect, but I can't help it. I know I should try them and give you the full report, but I'm just feeling a little wimpy. Anybody out there willing to give 'em a try?

No comments: