Thursday, May 08, 2008

Even More Pop Trivia!

I got an e-mail from my own private Slugworth, a dude named Thomas who works at the Spangler factory. He sent me this super-secret tidbit about Dum Dums:



There are actually two ways that the mystery pops are made. The first is just as you described. The second is that as the dum dums come down the chutes to be packed in bags, there is one last person that sorts through them. If there happened to be some that have come unwrapped, they save them to be re-wrapped. In an effort to save time rather than sort them all out, they are all rewrapped as mystery flavor.

Aha! So how about that! Very cool. Thanks for the info, Thomas! And speaking of Dum Dums, I realized that my local liquor store has a big basket of them at the exit. I snagged a Pineapple Coconut one, hoping to save it for posterity, since that flavor is being discontinued. Unfortunately, the Sugar Baby fished it out of my bag and popped it in his mouth before I could get to him.

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

No, say it ain't so! That's THE best flavor. Waaahhh.