Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Le Whif: Le Whaaaat?

Okay, I'm actually kind of speechless about this goodie, brought to my attention by the ever-vigilant Frau Marzipan.
This, dear Yumsters, is "chocolate" that you inhale. Yes indeedy, that's what I said: inhale. Since I obviously haven't tried it (it's not yet out on the market in the U.S.), I'll let the company's website do the explaning. "Le Whif (http://www.lewhif.com/) is a revolutionary new way of eating chocolate - by breathing it! Imagine, chocolate without the calories. Be the first to try inhaled chocolate when Le Whif goes on sale later this month in four luscious flavors: mint chocolate, raspberry
chocolate, mango chocolate, and plain chocolate.
Harvard professor David Edwards, lead inventor of Le Whif, says: "Over the centuries we've been eating smaller and smaller quantities at shorter and shorter intervals. It seemed to us
that eating was tending toward breathing, so, with a mix of culinary art and aerosol science, we've helped move eating habits to their logical conclusion. We call it whiffing."


Well, I don't know what Professor Edwards has been smoking (or whiffing, as may be the case), but I can tell you one thing: I certainly haven't been eating smaller and smaller quantities of anything and my eating absolutely does not tend toward breathing. Inhaling, maybe.
In any case, I'll be interested to try a Le Whif, but I would bet my sweet tooth that it won't be the chocolate that really satisfies.

1 comment:

toast said...

I heard about this from YumSugar a few weeks back, and my reaction was the same as yours: what??? I think that Harvard professor was just bored. Maybe they should focus on engineering square watermelons again. Or did they already successfully do that?