Sunday, May 10, 2009

Which One Would You Pick?


Whew! It's been quite a weekend. The in-laws were here and we celebrated the Sugar Baby's 3rd birthday. I knew from the moment the Sugar Baby was born that he wouldn't be a chocolate birthday cake kind of guy, but I never imagined he'd ask for strawberry. I did my best. I researched all sorts of recipes for homemade strawberry cake, by-passing any that used Jell-O for the strawberry flavor. I finally found one that called for a cup of pureed strawberries. I really thought this cake was going to be a winner, but I'll be darned if I could taste any strawberry in it at all. Oh well, he didn't care. He was more excited about the m&m's that decorated the top.
As for me, I've been hoarding this beautiful box of all dark chocolate Godiva that Memaw brought me. If I had my way, I'd snuggle up in bed with the whole box and finish reading my book, but I'm trying to practice some self-control. One piece a day.
In other news, check back this week for my exciting anniversary giveaway announcement!

2 comments:

sue14625 said...

cant wait and congrats on 6 yrs er 5 i mean my birthday is this week also

Pam Walter said...

One piece of Godiva a day? How do you do it? http://blog.sweetservices.com/sweetscandyblog/