Thursday, February 15, 2007

Not so yummy

When I was at Brook's the other day stocking up on tissues and decongestant, I saw a display of Blow Pop Minis. I knew that Cybele had written an unfavorable review of them on Candy Blog, but since they were only .33, I thought I'd check them out for myself. Let me just say, she was spot-on with her review.
First of all, I know they're called "minis," but I just wasn't prepared for how mini they were-- about the size of a cough drop. The package contained watermelon, blue razz, green apple and cherry. I'm not a big fan of anything watermelon, except Jolly Ranchers. Usually it's too sweet of a flavor for me and that was certainly true here. The blue razz and green apple were the best, but that ain't saying much. Here's the problem: because they're so small, you can eat them quickly. So you eat the first one, sucking the candy away until you're left with a minute piece of flavorless gum that is just big enough to stick to your molars, but not really enough to chew. So you think, I'll have another piece. But now you've got a piece of hard candy on one side of your mouth and gum on the other and when they co-mingle, it's just a mess. It's best to just stick to the original Blow Pop. And that's my public service announcement for the day.

No comments: