Sunday, September 09, 2007

Candy Corn Kisses!


Like I said in a previous post, I was running dangerously low on candy supplies, so this weekend when I had to make a dreaded Target stop, I decided to see what they had. They were just starting to put the Halloween candy aisles together, so there were only a few things stocked. Nothing exciting. But as I was walking to the checkout, there was a display of Hershey Kisses on sale, including these: Candy Corn Flavored Hershey Kisses. I thought for sure these would be beyond gross, but I had to try them.

The wrapping is really cute: silver, orange and yellow swirly stripes. When you open the bag, you definitely get a very distinct aroma. Maybe some people will think "candy corn," but I instantly thought "Butter Rum Life Savers." Interesting, because I really like BR Life Savers. The kisses themselves are really cute: a layer of yellow, then orange, then white. How do they taste? Very sweet, very buttery. Unlike a regular Hershey Kiss, you wouldn't want to eat a whole handful of these. But I liked them more than I thought I would. These would be fabulous as the decoration on cupcakes or chocolate cookies, which is what I plan on doing with them!

4 comments:

Whoosh said...

Ohhh, I've been looking for these! You found them at Target you say?

Wow, so they're actually flavored? I was expecting them to just be plain white chocolate with food coloring. Very interesting...

Candy Yum Yum said...

Yes, I thought the same thing, that they'd be white chocolate. But they definitely have flavor! Can't wait to hear what you think about them.

Anonymous said...

I have one in my mouth as I write. WOW..yummy!

Anonymous said...

I can't find them anymore!!!!!!!! Stupidly, I only bought one bag while at Target, and now they are completely sold out!!! I've looked in every Target store in the tri-county area AND in another state while visiting my sister, yet NOTHING.
They are EXCEPTIONAL!!!