Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Catching up, corrections, etc.

I've got a huge pile of random bits-n-pieces of candy stuff, so here we go:


  • The Baron claims that I've gotten the Mr. Goodbar jingle wrong. He says it's, "Mr. Goodbar, Hershey's chocolate wherever you bite." This is still unconfirmed though. Can anyone help?

  • Speaking of help, thanks so much to everyone who answered my S.O.S. for my friend's son who is searching for a way to make sour candy without artificial colors. As of the last update, his mom had ordered some ingredients and found a recipe for conversation hearts that they hope to modify. I'll definitely keep you posted.
  • Another opinion on the Hershey's Candy Corn Kisses: Meemaw loved them. She said, and I quote, "They're so sweet and creamy, I could eat a whole bag." There you have it. She's hoping she'll be able to find some in Mississippi where she lives. Keep your fingers crossed.
  • Yesterday I went to the God-forsaken Christmas Tree Shoppe where I had hoped to find some cool Halloween stuff for the lawn. No such luck, although I did get a child-proof latch for the toilet for $1. Woo hoo! Anyhow, while I was standing in the check out line, I saw they had bags of Limited Edition Caramel Tootsie Pops. I seem to remember these from when I was a kid. Am I imagining this? Anyone else remember these?
  • Lastly, I hope all my fellow candy bloggers are having a blast at the All Candy Expo. I promised myself I wouldn't be sad that I wasn't able to go this year, so I'm anxiously awaiting to hear what's new and exciting. Have fun everyone, and eat an extra piece for me.


3 comments:

Whoosh said...

Yes, I love the Caramel Tootsie Pops! I don't have any of those stores near me though. Boo. :(

me2 said...

"It's Mr. Goodbar Hershey's chocolate wherever you look crunchy peanuts wherever you bite"
Don't know the rest...

Anonymous said...

Me2 is correct. I sang the jingle in the 70's commercial with the baseball team getting on the bus. Can't remember the middle part that came next butt I remember the end of the jingle was "It's the chocolatey peanuty, peanuty chocolatey, chocolate and peanut delight."