Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hail to the Chief! (Or Reason #932 Why I Love Barack Obama)

So check this out: you may not even be able to get a package of peanuts on your cross-country flight to visit the relatives, but if you're a guest on Air Force One, you get a bangin' box of special M&Ms. According to the New York Times:

"The patriotic individual-sized boxes containing red, white and blue peanut M&M's were handed out on the plane Saturday. On one side: the presidential seal and Obama's John Hancock scrawled in gold. On the other: a yellow M&M marching with an American flag."

How unbelievably cool is that? Since I don't have any plans of traveling aboard the presidential airplane any time soon, I sent our esteemed Commander-in-Chief this e-mail today:

Dear President Obama,
I just read in the New York Times that you hand out special Presidential Edition M&Ms to visitors aboard Air Force One. As far as I'm concerned, this absolutely confirms that you are the coolest president ever. The reason for this letter is because I have been writing a blog about candy for the past six years. (www.candyyumyum.net) I believe that everyone has some sort of happy memory connected to candy, and the confection business is a strong part of the American economy. (In fact, it would seem to be thriving in this dicey economy.)
Is there any way possible I could get one of these boxes of M&Ms? I promise I will not sell it on e-Bay or do anything else unethical with it. I would just love to have one, and it would make me the coolest candy blogger on the block.
Sincerely yours, Madame Yum Yum
P.S. Even if you don't send me one, I still think you're the hippest prez ever.

No comments: