Monday, August 10, 2009

Made in China

No-Nuts has a friend who traveled to China this summer, so I was the lucky recipient of some Chinese candy. We did a taste test before we left for vacation last week and guess what? I have no idea what I did with my notes. Dang!
Well, suffice it to say, I won't be running to my local Asian grocer to try and find any of these. The long yellow one had a picture of a shrimp on it. No wait, I think it was more of a big, antennaed prawn. Wow! Couldn't wait to try that one. Fortunately, it tasted more like a Butterfinger and less like shellfish. The brown one and the rectangular green one also tasted similar. The stripey one on the bottom tasted kind of like those chocolate-filled straws you see at Christmas, and the two squares to the left were chocolate, possibly with a hazelnut filling. Given my fear of Chinese foodstuffs, I'm happy to say that it's been over a week and I'm still alive and kicking.

1 comment:

Rosa said...

I remember the prawn candy from my childhood! I can't remember what it was though...