Sunday, August 09, 2009

Whitney's Mint Trio: 3 Drops of Cool Peppermint Yumness

Take a gander at these beauties. These are Whitney's Mint Trio. I've never heard of Whitney's, so I looked them up and it turns out they're a relatively new company, started in 2007, based out of Ohio.
I saw the Mint Trio in the vending machine at the Super 8 in Brattleboro, Vermont (where we decided to stay after the first hotel we checked into turned out to be the setting for the next Arachnophobia movie).
I kept passing the vending machine and looking at these mints, which stood out amongst the other usual suspects of Reese's, Doritos, etc. At 90 cents, I thought they were a bit pricey, but that just goes to show you how long it's been since I've gotten anything from a vending machine.
The three mints are more bon-bon shaped than patties. These were really good. Really, really good-- kind of what a York Peppermint Patty should be. That's because the filling was just minty enough and was relatively smooth.
I had been saving the wrapper, because the description was very funny, almost like something you'd see on a Japanese product ("These mints will take you to your bliss and beyond," or something groovy like that) but Mr. Goodbar threw it out. This makes me sad, because I was really looking forward to sharing it with you. Oh well. I'll just have to stop by the Super 8 next time we go up north.

No comments: