Saturday, August 08, 2009

Haribo Alphabet Letters: When Education Gets Tasty!

We were coming to the end of the bag of Dum Dums that I'd been using as incentive for the Sugar Baby's toilet training, so I needed something else. (Note to Spangler: the Cream Soda pops were the least desired, although no lollipop was ever refused.)
I spied these Haribo Alphabet Letters at the Dollar Store. I thought, "Perfect! An educational candy!"
I'm happy to report that they were quite a hit, not just with the Sugar Baby, but with No-Nuts and me, too. The flavors are just like the Haribo Gummi Bears: pineapple, lemon, orange, raspberry and the tasty (but disturbing) green strawberry. The Sugar Baby wanted all the red ones, of course, which worked to my advantage since I prefer the green and clear. It was a win-win situation! Except now the bag is gone.
I wasn't near the Dollar Store, but I was in Target, so I ended up buying a package of Puckerooms for the "incentive" closet. This decision was based entirely on the fact that there are no artificial colors or flavors, so kudos to Wonka. Your brilliant marketing idea worked on me!

2 comments:

Pam Walter said...

The alphabet letters have a lot of possibilities! http://blog.sweetservices.com/sweetscandyblog/

Candy Yum Yum said...

Yes they do! They'd be great on cupcakes to spell out words.