Thursday, May 06, 2010

Free Chocolate from Godiva


I think I officially have more store cards on my keychain than keys. Last month I added another one-- for Godiva. Their rewards program is free (unlike the Barnes & Noble one which I just don't understand) and is quite a good deal. When you sign up for the card, you get a free piece of Godiva every month. Considering their truffles average about $2 each, that's pretty cool. And, if you spend $10 or more, the next month you'll get a free gift. Last month I had to buy a present for someone, and today I went in to buy another present and claim my free chocolate and gift. Being all cynical, I figured the "gift" would be a coupon or something, but it was actually a two-piece box. For my free chocolate, I chose a coconut cream truffle, and while I was in the store, I tried a dark chocolate lemon something-or-other. It felt like Christmas!
Godiva gets a bad rap in chocosnob circles. Of course it's not the best chocolate and yes, it's owned by Hershey, but I enjoy it as much as most other upscale brands (and their packaging is nicer than say, Lindt). The coconut truffle was good; my only criticism is that it was milk chocolate rather than dark, which would've been a much better complement to the creamy coconut center.

No comments: