Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Friend in Need ... Apparently is Me

First of all, several of you have asked me for the recipe for the giant Whoopie Pie. (I noticed no one asked me for the recipe for the Sugar Baby's cake.) It actually came from Wicked Whoopies; the Baroness brought it down from Maine as a Mother's Day present for Memaw. Do I even dare mention that she also brought a regular sized lemon one and an Orange Creamsicle one? There was no dearth of sweetness last weekend.
And speaking of Mother's Day ...
Do I have the most awesome friends or what? After the Sugar Baby's birthday party on Saturday, I hauled my tired butt upstairs and found this:
Signs created by my Partner-in-Crime (and encouraged, apparently, by my mom) that said: "Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Hear Ye... Today I am not a mother, wife or daughter. I am just me. Do not knock on the door. Do not ask what's for breakfast/lunch/dinner. The pediatrician's # is 555-5555. In case of emergency, call 911." There was also a sign on the Sugar Baby's door that said, "Go ask your father." But not only that. On my nightstand was this:
The chocolates were from Christopher Norman Chocolates and they are fabulous. One was mint, another was I'm guessing passion fruit, and I have two left. My PIC kept telling me about this chocolatier located off Wall Street where her husband works, but they had never gone there. (I just don't understand how people can pass by a chocolate shop and not even go in.) I checked out the website and I think I'll be making a trip there soon. I have to try their blue cheese truffles and their dark chocolate blood orange bar. So she bought me these chocolates and wine to savor for Mother's Day. I truly have the most fabulous friends in the world. Whoopie!!
Now I just need to get over the fact that people were in my bedroom which, quite frankly, at this point, needs a front loader to be cleaned.

No comments: