Friday, September 12, 2008

Pumpkin Spice Kisses: Blech.


Some things to know about me:

My favorite color: Orange
My favorite holiday: Halloween
My pet: A black cat
My favorite pie: Pumpkin
My favorite spice: cinnamon (only in sweet foods, though; can't stand it in savory foods)
One of my favorite memories from a previous job: Creating "Cubicle Trick-or-Treating"
In short, I love Halloween and I love pumpkin. So when I heard that this year's Target special edition Hershey Kiss was Pumpkin Spice, I packed the Sugar Baby up in the car and hauled our behinds over there quicker than you can say "Don't let me forget diapers."
Candy Blog and The Candy Enthusiast both have positive reviews of them, so I feel like a real loser saying this, but I really didn't like them. It wasn't the taste, though. No, these had a really nice, spicy bite and you could even taste the pumpkin, which I thought for sure wouldn't be the case. But what I didn't like was the texture. It's as if they took really smooth white chocolate and dumped gritty, dusty spice into it. I'm really disappointed. But I think they'll be good with some sort of cake or cookie. Maybe melted between two flat chocolate cookies. Sigh. Well, there's always the Christmas Kisses. What'll it be this year? I'm rooting for sugar cookie.

No comments: