Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bark From the Doghouse

It seems that The Connection is in the doghouse.
See if you can relate:
Spouse looks up at you sheepishly, bearing a gift of some sort.
"Look!" Spouse says. "I bought you a gift! For no reason! Just because I love you!"
Suddenly, somewhere, far off in the land, alarm bells start ringing. Brrrring! Brrrrring! Whooot! Whoooot!
You know something's up.
This was the scene a few nights ago at the Connection household. Apparently, the Connection put a few Ebay bids on expensive camera lenses, not thinking he'd really win them.
HAHAHA!
Okay, ladies, raise your hand if you HAVEN'T been in this situation. Let's see, I believe the Baron's big "oops" was for an antique coin. For Mr. Goodbar, it was a car. (Oh, my bad. Make that several cars.)
In any case, Mrs. Connection benefitted from this eensy-weensy mistake-- she got a nice box of Li-Lac Chocolates.*
(This is the point in the universal conversation where Partner #1 says, "You spent money buying me something to cover up for the fact that you spent a fortune on yourself?!")
Anyhow, Mrs. Connection, being the embodiment of pure kindness and selflessness, actually saved a piece of this extreme deliciousness for me!
Now, I've heard of Li-Lac chocolates, and you have to understand-- I live a mere hour from New York City-- but I've never had any of their chocolates. Where have I been? Check out their website; you'll be drooling in no time. I particularly love this:
Li-Lac's Continental Assortment: Continental at Li-Lac
refers to our exotic selection of chocolate-covered pecans, walnuts, pistachios, filberts, almonds, cashews and macadamia nuts. Unique in the way they are made, using antique molds, the nuts are visible through the chocolate, leaving no surprises. Available in either milk or dark chocolate.
Doesn't that sound like the ultimate chocolate/nut experience?!
Back to the bark. It was good. I mean, reeeaallllllly good. Toasted almonds, dark, fragrant chocolate. Fantastic. If I gave ratings, this one would've been a 10. Or an A+. Or a Golden Pegasus with a rainbow and a peace sign and an American flag and Obama.
Kudos to Mr. Connection for knowing how to work it.
And kudos to Mrs. Connection for sharing.

*She explained that this is the gift of choice in the Connection household. "Wouldn't you much rather get a box of these chocolates than a dozen roses?" she asked me.
Well, yes, Mrs. Connection. But some of us have had to settle for smaller things, such as, oh, I don't know, a single piece of lint-encrusted licorice which, turns out, is full of lead goodness.

No comments: