Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Aftermath




Welp, there you have it. Another Christmas come and gone. This year's festivities included merriment, cheer and lots of spicy hot Buffalo chicken dip and mini meatballs.
And cookies. Oh yeah, the cookies. In the past, my sister and nieces and I have always gathered on a weekend for a major cookie baking fest. This year, due to the Ice Cube Queen being in Florida and the rest of us being snowed in, the cookie bonanza consisted of me and No-Nuts mixing up batter for Snow Topped Mint Crinkles and Dories Dark and Stormies and then calling it quits before heading to the mall.
For the mint cookies, we used chopped up Hershey's Bliss Creme de Menthes, which actually worked really well. They gave the cookies a gentle mint taste and a hint of festive green. I used some Green & Black's dark chocolate in the Stormies, and they had a very sophisticated taste.
But the *real* kick-ass dessert was some Polish thing that Betsy ordered. She said the website claimed it was "like a Kit Kat, only better." Holy cow, it was! What was this fantastical thing? Does anyone know? More on all the fun Christmas candy cahoots later this week. For now, I need to go digest.

3 comments:

Rosa said...

Yay Dark and Stormies!

Anonymous said...

Is "welp" actually a word?

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Ice Cube Queen missed the annual cookie bake once again :( Instead she had a cookie exchange this year. Except for all the "sisterly bonding," a cookie exchange is sooooo much easier! We each baked four dozen cookies and brought them over to my house. After counting the number of people participating, we divied up the cookies, and everyone went home with quite an assortment. I pulled the tray out from the freezer on Christmas Day, and there was a favorite cookie for everyone. I think I liked the "Buckeye Balls" the best....peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate. The red & green cherries with pecans were festive looking and "holiday tasting." I made dozens and dozens of spicy star cookies this year, and they were the first to go! Hmmm, maybe I'll have to take a picture of the second freezer batch and send it along for Candy Yum Yum to see!!! :)