Friday, December 12, 2008

Creme de Yuck!

I've come upon a startling revelation about myself: I don't like Creme de Menthe. This is very shocking, because I love mint, particularly peppermint and spearmint. So I figured that I'd naturally love CdM.
A few months ago, I was psyched to try the Altoids Creme de Menthe, but all it took was one little disc to make my stomach go all wonky.
Then yesterday, I decided to splurge because my day was made bothersome by a world full of incompetent hacks who ... oh never mind. Suffice it to say that I needed chocolate. So I bought a bag of Hershey's Bliss in the new Creme de Menthe flavor, fully expecting that I'd love them and devour the whole bag in one sitting. Well guess what? I didn't. There was just something off about them, like a soapy undertaste beneath the mint. What is that? What makes Creme de Menthe so different from other mints? I'd love to know.
So here I am today, still dealing with the clueless masses and have no chocolate to soothe my weary mind. It's going to be a long day, dear Yumsters.

No comments: