Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Call From the Baron

The Baron called at 8:30 this morning. I panicked when I saw his number on the caller I.D. Why was he calling so early? (Of course, I'd been up several hours at that point, but for the rest of the non-toddler-scheduled population, that's still early.) What happened? Is someone in the hospital? Quick, quick, answer the phone!
Well, it was an emergency of sorts, I suppose. He had to tell me that he was drinking a new Chocolate Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper. He explained the tasting process in detail, how he sniffed, then sipped it, swished it around to get the full flavor. He's decided he likes it, although, he said, "It's like wine. I wouldn't want to drink it all the time." Huh? What? Who doesn't want to drink wine all the time? Oh Baron, how you disappoint me. Then our phone call was cut short because he was driving through East Bumble where they don't have those fancy cell towers.

No comments: