Sunday, January 27, 2008

What's Your Fantasy Candy Bar?

I just have to say, things have been pretty uneventful and boring on the candy front lately. Surprising, since Valentine's Day and Easter-- the two biggest candy holidays besides Halloween-- are just around the corner. But I haven't found anything lately that really excites me. It's quite depressing, actually.
So this got me to thinking: if I had to invent a candy bar, what would it be? I went through lots of different ideas in my head, but I've settled on these two. They are a homage to my beloved pets of blessed memory, P.J., a.k.a. Chompy, (a very stubborn and naughty Basset hound) and Guy Noir (the most adorable, fluffy and aloof black cat).

CHOMP!
This would be a candy bar shaped like a bone. It would have a vanilla/marshmallowy center with a thin layer of oozy caramel and crunchy almonds. And it would come wrapped in an IRS rebate check, just like the one P.J. ate.

The Noir Bar
This would be a bar of extremely dark chocolate with catnip. No, no, just kidding. It would be dark chocolate with salted cashews. Maybe it would be shaped like a fish, or have fang marks in it.

Those are my dream candy bars. What are yours? Maybe, just maybe, there will be a prize for the yummiest sounding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm my fantasy candy bar....

Well I would have to go with a candy bar made of hazlenut praline ganache filled with dark chocolate mini truffles the size of peas, all covered by a smooth coating of dark chocolate.

I would call it the Treasure bar.

Anonymous said...

I would create an exact replica of the old Nabisco Ideal Peanut Butter Bars... They discontinued them years ago but there is a huge fan base that longs to bring them back.

They had a cookie base, a savory peanut butter filling and then were covered in dark chocolate.