Monday, January 14, 2008

Hey There, Honey! ;)


Behold, I present you with:
CHOCOLATE HONEY!
Sue MKAFFGGF gifted me with this jar o' yumminess. Her sister lives somewhere where they make their own soap (Prague or some such place) and she sent this fabulous concoction from her beekeeping neighbor.
Now, I'm not a huge honey fan. I always think I really like honey but then it always ends up being too strong for me, so I was slightly nervous to try this. But Sue MKAFFGGF suggested I try it in chai tea, so that's what I did and let me tell you: it's fantastic. First of all, when I opened the jar, the aroma was like a melted chocolate bar. I made a cup of Celestial Seasonings India Spice Chai and stirred in a half tablespoon of the honey. Mmm, mmm! It was spicy and chocolatey and warm. Not like hot chocolate chocolatey, but more like, I don't know, kind of like how you get that chocolate taste in mole sauce. It's there, but it's not in your face.
I have no idea what the jar says, but whenever I see it, I think I should change my name to Coko Ladou.

No comments: