Sunday, June 29, 2008

Chocolate Skittles? WTH? (Just trying to keep it family-friendly)



I've seen these Chocolate Skittles around and I've always thought I should pick some up and try them, but I just find it hard to get excited about chocolate "flavored" things. So I was totally psyched when My Connection hooked me up with a package. Not willing to trust my own judgement, I got No-Nuts and Mr. Goodbar involved in the taste test. Herewith, the proclamations from No-Nuts, which I totally agree with:
Brownie Batter: "It tastes like chocolate-flavored Chapstick."
S'mores: "Tastes like S'mores Pop Tarts." (Actually, I've never had those, so I can't say if that's true or not. But they didn't taste like S'mores to me.)
Vanilla: "Why are these in the chocolate mix?"
Chocolate Caramel: "Tastes like a Tootsie Pop."
Chocolate Pudding: "It's accurate, but it has a grassy aftertaste."
And this, from the Killjoy Mr. Goodbar:
"The problem with Skittles is that they're the epitome of something that tastes artificial. You know it's not real. So why would I eat those over these?" (He says as he stuffs a Licor de Cafe Borrachito in his mouth.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your tasteful observations.....we bought a package, and I ate them just because I spent the money, not because they were tasty. I should have warned you!

Unknown said...

Hmmm these really dont look great...Skittles and chocolate just dont seem to mix :S ... and according to you they just dont...im not gonna touch these now!! Thanks for the heads up!