Monday, June 23, 2008

Newfangled Fancy M&Ms

My local Stop & Shop is going through a total re-do because they have to compete with the sassy new Big Y that opened up on the other end of town. Today when I went grocery shopping it was like the apocalypse had happened-- the shelves were empty, the bread was moved to the center of the store instead of the perimeter and the veggie burgers were hidden between two shelves of ice cream. Needless to say, I have no idea where the candy aisle went, but at the checkout counters there were two big displays of new M&Ms. Fancy-schmancy M&Ms in boxes, not bags. The candies are bigger than normal and they're sort of metallic and come in funky flavors like mocha, mint and raspberry. I was so psyched to try them until I saw that they're (get this!) $4.49 a box! And not a big box, either. What the heck is this all about?! Who in their right minds is going to pay that much for M&Ms. (You'd think I would, since I usually don't have any qualms about laying out some green for chocolate, but times are tough. It cost me $60 to fill my tank yesterday. I know you know what I'm talking about.) So there's no review here. But if you've got money to burn and feel like trying something new, get thee to your local store and then report back!

3 comments:

Ms. Chops said...

I think our prediction of being forced to drink schlitz and eat circus peanuts is looking frighteningly like reality.....yikes!

Unknown said...

ooooh the M&M premiuim line...im very tempted into trying the Mocha and triple choc variants...just too bad it would cost me and arm and a leg to important them :(

Jim

city said...

I just did a currency conversion and that works out to around $6 NZ. OUCH! I'm with you on not spending the money on fancy pants new m&ms even if they do have interesting new flavours.

The last time I filled up my tank it was $100 NZD (about $75 USD). Makes me think I should get a hybrid!