Sunday, June 01, 2008

For Me? You Shouldn't Have! (But I'm So Glad You Did!!)



Candy is the universal currency of friendship. Why do I say this? Because my friends are always on the lookout for new candy for me to try.

Like my friend Kris. We've known each other pretty much forever. When we were teenagers (before we drove our bitchin' cars-- a Chevette and a Skylark), we'd ride our bikes to McDonald's and I'd get a hamburger which, being all OCD, I'd eat into the shape of a crescent moon. Then we'd hang out at each other's houses and read Sweet Valley High books. Oh, those were the days. Now she lives in Florida and leads an exciting "Sex in the City" kind of life. (Without the city or the $700 shoes.) On one of her most recent jaunts, she went to New Orleans and, despite having many Hurricanes and etouffe, she thought of me and sent me some Blue Frog Chocolates. Yum! This was a nice assortment: raspberry, white chocolate coconut, peanut butter, orange, cappuccino and mint. My favorites were the orange (very citrusy and not too sweet) and the mint, which was so good I wished I had more of, but I'm glad I don't because I'd just eat them all.
And speaking of mint (ah, a nice segue!), I got a surprise from the Sugar Baby's girlfriend's dad. (Yes, he's two and has a girlfriend--Lilly. They were smooching in the sand box the other day. ) I've never met Lilly's dad, but apparently he's a fellow candy aficionado and look what he bought for me: mint Aero balls! WOOHOO! I was so excited. I've been wanting these forever. I'm not a huge fan of Aero bars, but my friend Melissa told me that the balls are totally addicting and yummy ... and she was right. These not only taste good, but they're fun, too. Put one in your mouth and suck on it, and all the air escapes leaving you with a flattened piece of chocolate, like a deflated playground kickball. Hmmm. That's not a very appealing description, is it? But trust me, they were YUM. As evidenced by the fact that they're all gone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooh Patti Aero mint bubbles are one of my faves too! You dont get many better mint chocolate offerings out there!

Enjoying the blog as always

Jim

:D