Friday, June 06, 2008

Notes From the Field: Alexandra Goes to Max Brenner




Somehow Alexandra was able to escape from her two boys and spend a recent Sunday in New York with her hubby. Can I just say: LUCKY! In any case, she set out on a mission to find some chocolatey goodness, so I suggested she visit Max Brenner: Chocolate by the Bald Man. She did, and sent some yummy-looking pictures.


Here are her notes:

Popsicle Fondue: Vanilla ice cream popsicle served with a side of pure melted chocolate, crunchy chocolate wafer balls and candied hazlenut crunchy bits for your dipping pleasure. One/Two - $7.50/$12.90

This was Rich's dessert - his one complaint - too little ice cream to go with all the "condiments" As a non-chocolate lover (is there really one? yup, i live with him!) he did say that the chocolate was smooth and he likened it to a fine malt scotch! So he did enjoy this chocolate.



Eskimo: Selection of 2 scoops of ice cream (dark, milk, white chocolate or vanilla) in a crispy sugared waffle cone served with warm chocolate sauce, crunchy wafer balls and candied hazlenut crunchy bits, so you can create your own unique experience $8.00

This was my dessert. Yum! It was a good amount. I liked the vial of chocolate sauce - it was whimsical and yummy! I wish I could've taken it home with me! (Editor's note: Alexandra, have I taught you nothing?! That's why you always carry a bag with you!) My complaint? I didn't get to choose the flavor of ice cream, i think it was a chocolate and a vanilla. Could've been white chocolate.


After Party Breakfast: Warm waffles topped with fresh strawberries, blueberries and white chocolate chunks. Served with a side of toffee bananas and creme fraiche. Comes with citrus maple syrup or pure melted chocolate to pour on top. $11.95

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh dear god that fondue looks ridiculously fun and yummy...and as for that brekkie lol I think I would need another lie down after eating all that!

Jim