Monday, June 09, 2008

No-Nuts is in Da House!


Yesterday was an exciting day in Yum Yum Land, because we have a new member: No-Nuts! My niece is going to be spending the summer with us because that's what every 20-something wants: to spend her summer with her freaky aunt and uncle who listen to weird music and go to bed at 9. She presented me with this lovely "Fudge Love Truffle" which took all of my willpower not to eat on the 3-hour ride home. But I was strong and I waited just long enough to take a picture. It was yummy-- a hunk of chocolatey fudgey-truffle covered in more chocolate. Fantastic!
I'm thinking of having a special feature for the summer: "The No-Nuts Weight Watch." Right now, she's teeny-tiny (which is good, since I didn't have any adult-sized hangers for her closet, only Henri's little wee ones), but I wonder how she'll fare after spending a few months in the Candy Yum Yum offices. She needs some meat on her bones! My hope is that she'll be my new taste tester and I can simply live vicariously through her. Yeah, right.

No comments: