Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sweet Relief


Aaaah. A monster storm blew in last night and while that totally sucks for my neighbors across the street (a ginormous tree fell down across their driveway, bringing all the electrical wires with it), for me it means things have finally cooled down. Now I can get back to my regularly scheduled chocolate regimine. Except I can't, because No-Nuts has declared a challenge: she has to gain weight, and I have to lose weight. Who gets the short end of the stick on this, I ask! Although she did say that chocolate would be allowed on her "plan" for me, so we'll see. But here is evidence why she weighs a mere 100 pounds: her lunch, a chicken marsala Lean Cuisine. Now, I'm a Lean Cuisine advocate. They taste pretty good, considering they're frozen processed food, and most don't contain any artificial preservatives. I personally prefer the Lemon Chicken with rice. It's usually pretty filling. But check this out: that's her lunch, on a dessert-sized plate. That piece of chicken is TINY. It's smaller than her hand! But for dessert: dark chocolate caramels!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.........I should be there on that "diet" with you two! Today for lunch we had: tacos, linguine w/ shrimp, leftover barbecue pork, peaches, and .... are you ready?.... homemade banana pudding!!! After lunch snack: instead of our normal "piece" of dark chocolate, we had more peaches, as the market down the street got some nice ones shipped in from Georgia!