Sunday, August 03, 2008

Bad Neighbors

Mr. Goodbar disappeared the other night, leaving No-Nuts and I to wonder: "Where the heck is he? It's time for Buffy!" Finally, just as I was about to lock the doors for the evening (oh, who am I kidding? We all know that's not my job), he bounded up the front steps bearing a giant teddy bear. I'm talking a humongous white stuffed teddy bear, the kind you only see on Christmas Day or during a Valentine's Day proposal. The kind you have no place for in your house, especially if said house is new and you're moving into it.
It would seem that Mr. Goodbar met the new neighbors while he was out moving the cars. He told them we had a 2-year-old and the wiley and sharp neighbor lady saw her opportunity to get Teddy out of the house once and for all. The Sugar Baby found it to be a willing participant in his new game of "Toss everything on the ground and jump on it," so I suppose it was a good decision for all involved.
Now it's my turn to walk on over and say hello, so I decided to bake them one of these fabulous Blueberry Coffee Cakes. This recipe is easy and sooo yummy. I made two, figuring one would go to the neighbors, and the other Mr. Goodbar could take to his Friday breakfast meeting. That was the story until No-Nuts came home and said, "Where's ours?"
Hmmm. That was the flaw in my otherwise brilliant plan.
I should probably be ashamed to admit it, but we ate the neighbors' cake. It was a tough decision on which cake to eat, but in the end, I realized I didn't have a nice plate to put the neighbor cake on, whereas I could send Mr. Goodbar's out on a paper plate. Our cake didn't even last 24 hours. The maniacs in the house ate it all. So today, I'm making the same recipe, but with strawberries. And this time, I'm not telling anyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

there's yum sans candy! : )
the blueberries - fresh, frozen ...?

Candy Yum Yum said...

I used fresh, although I'm sure you could use frozen. I'd just defrost them first.
I just made four more cakes, using fresh strawberries and they're delish!

Anonymous said...

Send us the recipe!!!

city said...

That cake looks gooooooood! Can I be your neighbour so I can score one (I promise I wont give oversized, valentines day reject bears to the sugarbaby!) hehe

Candy Yum Yum said...

Ice Cube: Just click on "Bluberry Coffee Cake" and it'll take you to the recipe

City: Come visit me! I'll bake you a big ass blueberry coffee cake!

Anonymous said...

I just baked one of your blueberry coffee cakes......looks delicious.....I actually made two, too.......along with 24 blueberry muffins!!!! (Got a huge bag of FL grown blueberries today!)