Sunday, August 31, 2008

NASCAR Nibblies


I promised Mrs. Connection that I wouldn't let The Connection know how she stored the latest delivery in hot car for a couple of hours before giving me the goods. When she handed me the Big Mo' bar, it was in a rather liquid state. No worries, though, because it coagulated back into a fairly respectable shape, and I was able to try it with no problem.

The Dale Jr's Big Mo' is a Palmer product, which usually means "chocolate-like confection" rather than actual chocolate. In general, it's best to stay away from this stuff if you're looking for something resembling real chocolate. So, needless to say, I was a trifle hesitant to try this NASCAR-inspired goodie. The wrapper says "milk chocolate with peanut butter," and I envisioned the worst: waxy chocolate with icky filling. I was surprised, though. It wasn't terrible. I mean, no way in hell would I ever choose this over a Reese's, but at least it didn't make me gag. I suppose if I was a NASCAR fan, I'd make this my candy of choice, but well, I'm just not into that scene. Give me a Buffy candy bar, though, and I'm all over it.

No comments: