Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Coffee, Tea or Brewed Chocolate?


This morning when I opened the door to go out to get the paper, there it was: the first feeling of fall. Instead of being assaulted with sweltering heat, there was a crisp nip in the air so I knew it was time to finally try out the jar of Cabaret brewed chocolate that's been sitting in my fridge. I've been obsessed with this ever since I first saw it. The website clearly points out: It's not hot chocolate! No! No! No! This is brewed, like coffee. In fact, they say it's an "Adult Chocolate Beverage with Afterglow." Ooh la la.
I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but the best way I can describe it is that it's almost like chocolate-nuanced tea with a definite honey note to it. It's pretty sweet in a non-sugary kind of way. It can't really be compared to coffee-- it just doesn't have that same kick. In fact, the label suggests that it might actually relax you, which is what I'm hoping for. Perhaps it will give me some sweet dreams (instead of the endless vampire dreams I've been having from watching way too much Buffy).
The brewed chocolate comes in a jar and is liquidy, like chocolate syrup. You just mix a teaspoonful into a cup of hot water. If you're a tea drinker, I'd say this is definitely for you.



No comments: