Friday, July 18, 2008

Allow Myself to Introduce ... Myself

Right now, I'm feeling way cool. Like the time I was in the summer teen theater play and I got partnered up with the cutest, most popular boy for the dance scene and all the other girls were like, "Hey, you suck!" Anyhow, City (otherwise known as the New Zealand Cupcake Queen) tagged me for a meme, which is kind of like a bloggy chain letter.



The Rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.


2. Post the rules on the blog.


3. Write six random things about yourself.


4. Tag six people at the end of your post.


5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.


So without further ado, here are six things you probably don't really need to know about me:



1. In an effort to "fit in" with the gossipy popular kids in first grade, I leaned over to one girl at lunch and said the worst possible thing I could think of about sweet little Tammy O'Toole: "Tammy loves the devil." (I'm pretty sure this was completely untrue; she showed no outward signs of being a Satanist. Well, maybe the Josie and the Pussycats lunchbox, but that could've just been a coincidence.) Later, that night, the guilt was eating at me. I went out into the living room where my family was watching TV and I spilled my guts. My sister suggested that I write a note of apology to Tammy. She gave me a notecard shaped like a flower, except the center of the flower said "Thank you." My sister told me to cover it with a piece of paper and draw something on it.


"What should I draw?" I asked.


"How about a devil?" she said.


I didn't find that very funny.


Instead, I wrote "I'm sorry" and inside I wrote, "Dear Tammy, I'm sorry for what I said yesterday."


The next day I gave her the note. She read it and threw it in her locker. "I have no idea what you're talking about," she said. Tammy, if you're out there, e-mail me. We'll talk.





2. My favorite coin is the dime. It's small but it's worth a lot. My least favorite is the nickel. I feel like its pretending to be something its not, because it's big and thick, but not worth much.

3. Pancakes. When I was in college, I used to babysit for the two kids of a lesbian couple. I was reprimanded when I made the kids pancakes for dinner one night. Two nights ago I made blueberry pancakes for the Sugar Baby's dinner. The Baroness has fond memories of my family having pancakes for dinner.

4. I chose Olympia as my Confirmation name so my initials would spell "PLOW."

5. I don't like peppers, olives or cilantro.

6. I only like red Swedish Fish.

There you have it. And now, folks, tag! You're it:

Hops & Chops
Wisconsin Candy Dish
Candy Blog
Jim's Chocolate Mission
Maison de Gumball
Cakespy

2 comments:

Jeanna said...

Okay, I'll try to get some photos at Festa Italiana tomorrow to go with, but I probably won't tag anyone.
Are there tag backs? If so, you're it.

city said...

oh the Tammy story was great! I wonder where Tammy is these days :-)