Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Most Important Vote of the Year

So you've all voted for the Sugar Baby's costume and Candy Corn won by a landslide. This, of course, was my favorite, too. I've pondered how I could possibly make a candy corn costume (pillow case? foam board?), but I haven't been able to come up with anything that sounds do-able. The Baroness found this perfect costume which I love, but as we're watching our retirement savings and the Sugar Baby's college fund plunge deep into the depths of the netherworld, I'm hesitant to spend $30 on a costume. (Or am I just being cheap?) So, dear Yumsters, how can I create the perfect candy corn costume using household goods? (If it helps, I have lots of egg cartons, empty cereal boxes, applesauce containers and yogurt cups stacked up in the "craft" box.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I would buy white sweat pants and shirt (Halloweens can be cold up north!!!). Then I would get orange and yellow material, sew them together and put white suspender like straps so that the Sugar Baby just has to put it over his head on top of the sweats. And, of course, make a little white pointed hat!!! Keep in mind, he's only a little guy and comfort will come first, so you won't want to get hoops or anything underneath to make it flare out into a triangle...would you???

Anonymous said...

Go here for directions on how to make your candy corn costume:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4457671_make-candy-corn-halloween-costume.html

Anonymous said...

Sorry, one more comment....
After you buy your supplies and spends loads of time making a costume, you might have exceeded the $30 cost!

DaisyChain said...

I suppose you could get a ton of candy corn and some double sided tape and cover sugar baby in the stuff?!
Or not ;)

Candy Yum Yum said...

Ice Cube Queen:
OKay, batting, felt, thread... who do you think I am?!
You're right, after paying for all the supplies, I'd probably spend more than $30.
Back to the drawing board.

Candy Yum Yum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candy Yum Yum said...

That's more my speed, Daisy Chain! Actually, I've been pondering the idea of making him into a trick or treat bag... more to come on this!