Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Mystery of the Disappearing Chocolates



Bazooka Betsy came over the other day with a care package for the gravely ill (me). It contained soup, a magazine (Rachael Ray Every Day-- can't stand listening to her but I love her "recipes"), and the piece de resistance, a little Tupperware container full of handmade chocolates.

"Maryann is taking a class in confectionery and pastry-making," she said.

Hmmm. Maryann is her health-nut friend, so I didn't have high hopes. Also, I admittedly was being a bit snobby and thinking, "Harumph! Home made chocolates! They're probably not very good."

Well here I am, humbling myself in front of the world. HOLY COW. They were really, really good. One was a dark chocolate filled with oozy, flowy caramel and a piece of pecan. It was quite possibly the best caramel I've ever had. Then there was a truffle-- I think it was a pumpkin pie truffle-- yum! I need more of these chocolates because, as you can see, I didn't have the forethought to photograph them before scarfing them down. So Maryann, if you're out there, please send over a full tray of your deliciously yummy chocolates-- for photographing reasons only, of course!

No comments: