Saturday, October 18, 2008

Reese's: Cup or Bar? You decide


For some reason, I was excited to hear about the new Reese's bar. Strange, because the Reese's cup is such an icon. I mean, really, when you think of a candy cup, you automatically assume Reese's. But there was just something Willy Wonka-ish about the idea of a peanut butter bar. Maybe it just seemed indulgent to have all that peanut buttery goodness in one big bar instead of two small cups. Anyhow, I finally laid my hands on one and, well, it's good but not great. It has that same crumbly salty peanut butter of a regular Reese's. (Thank goodness because that's what makes a Reese's stand out from other peanut butter candies.) But the chocolate was a bit too soft, too melty. I wanted it to have more snap, like the sides of the cups. Instead it kind of just all fused together. Oh well. I tried it. I wouldn't turn it down, but I wouldn't seek it out either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For best Reeses candy ever, my money's on the Reeses Easter egg. I love that there's more of that peanut buttery goodness to love.